- She asks for frequent reader feedback.
- She links to several bonus articles, thus providing timeless valuable content on writing good ezines and blogs.
- She is friendly and appears genuine in her request for readers email her.
- She is giving away several copies of a book, in return for readers time in completing a survey about blogging.
- She describes her progress on the book she is writing about corporate blogging and how readers can actually contribute to it.
Debbie is actually my unsuspecting Blog Fairy, responsible for my taking the plunge close to a year ago. Without her persistence about the value of blogs for small businesses like mine, I never would have started Coach Ezines blog, or BigBook Nuggets blog, or the new Brain-FX blog.
I guess that makes Deb our Blog Godmother…or some such silly thing.
Anyway, I digress. My point is, if you want to write really good ezines, newsletters and blogs, look at what the professionals are doing. Imitate them. Learn from them…or her in this case.