Here are more great email tips, these excerpted from Rich Frishman, Jay Conrad Levinson & Jill Lublin’s book Guerilla Publicity.
In Praise of E-Mail: 15 Reasons Why Guerrillas Love E-Mail
1. E-mail is efficient. It’s quick, easy to use and conserves time.
2. E-mail gets through. You can reach busy, powerful people who won’t ordinarily take or return your phone calls via e-mail.
3. E-mail has become the publicists’ most powerful tool. Sending short, gentle reminders helps publicists balance the need to continually follow-up and the danger that in doing so they might alienate important media contacts.
4. E-mail gets right to the point. E-mail etiquette encourages brevity and precision.
5. E-mail allows for Quick, Clear Messages.
6. E-mail can contain links to your website or other sites.
7. E-mail lets you transmit bulky files instantly.
8. E-mail delivers even when unread. When recipients don’t read their e-mail, they usually check to see what came in and who sent it. The subject line on e-mail inboxes provides a small space in which you can convey the gist of your message. It keeps you on the recipients’ radar, even if they don’t open your mail.
9. E-mail eludes electronic fences. E-mail gets past secretaries, answering machines, voice mail.
10. E-mail is a versatile marketing tool. It’s ideal for sending newsletters, fliers, and other promotional materials without incurring the costs of printing and mailing.
11. E-mail domain names can promote your business. Invest in a domain name that includes the name of your business.
12. E-mail signature files are the equivalent of letterheads on stationary. Make sure to include your contact information in your signature file.
13. E-mail demonstrates that you’re firmly in the 21st century.
14. E-mail shifts the cost and burden from senders to recipient.
15. E-mail has revived the lost art of letter writing.
An excerpt from the National Best-Seller GUERRILLA PUBLICITY: Hundreds of Sure-fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars by Rick Frishman, Jill Lublin and Jay Conrad Levinson.
Rick Frishman wants you to know that you can attend his seminar in Washington DC on Friday May 18, just prior to the Book Expo: http://www.author101university.com/. This is a must-attend crash course for publishing success.