This is article is worth reading, if you struggle whenever you sit down to the computer screen to write:
Five Positive Thoughts That Will Turbocharge Your Writing (and How to Channel Them)
by Daphne Gray-Grant (From MarketingProfs.com, November 14, 2006)
1. Writing is simply talking on paper
2. Writing can be done quickly, in little bits of time
3. Writing is easy to change
4. Writing always gets better and easier with practice
5. Your writing "voice" is unique
I find the thought of writing 2000 words makes it harder for me to get started, so I tell myself, I’m writing 200-300 words, or, I’m writing just the introductory paragraph. That usually gets me going, and gets me to set onto paper the main concept. Once the main concept is stated, then it becomes clearer what supporting evidence must follow in the next paragraphs.
What about you? What sort of positive thoughts get you started when you have a writing task?