1. Burning desires: what rocks your boat, gets you steamed up, energizes you?
2. What are your readers’ pain points?
3. What are others talking/writing about?
4. Any good resources you’ve found that can help readers?
5. Use Google Alerts for key topics
6. Interview experts
7. Review a book you’re reading
8. Common questions your clients ask you
9. Emails clients send you; include both positive and negative ones
10. Share a big mistake you’ve made and how others can avoid it
11. Share a personal story and then relate it to your readers’ and clients’ situations
12. Definitions of words or terms
13. Run a poll and report on results (good list builder)
14. Run a contest (also a good list builder)
What are other content ideas? I like to think of growing “content antennae:” by being aware and sensitive to my environment, I can pick up ideas for writing every few minutes. However, you need a clear, receptive state of mind to do this.
Hit the comment link below and share other ways to spark your writing.
Ingredient #4: Writing Useful Content, part 1
Ingredient #3: Writing Email Subject Lines
Ingredient#2: Clarity of Purpose
Ingredient #1: Naming Your Ezine
Main Article: Recipe for An Ezine- Should You Publish an Ezine?