Joan Stewart is affectionately known around the Internet as The Publicity Hound. And there’s a reason…Joan has a nose for news and she sniffs out trends for evolving Internet marketing strategies.
You won’t want to miss our interview with her Thursday March 8 at 11 a.m. EST on Blogging and Beyond, our Internet radio show. She’ll reveal the new rules for writing press releases for posting on the Web.
Here are a few tips she’ll explain:
• Press releases no longer have to announce legitimate news
• They no longer have to be only one page
• We can distribute them online as often as we want.
• They can include links so that consumers can click through to a landing page or a sales page.
• We no longer have to use the "who, what, when, where and why" formula high in the press release.
• No longer do we have to consider a press release a failure if it gets no media attention. If it brings people into our sales funnel, we can proclaim the release a success.
• Under the new rules, we don’t measure the success of our releases by the number of clippings it has generated but by whether the press release has been able to change people’s behavior