May the Headline Gods bless Brian Clark: he’s undertaken a Herculean task of rewriting headlines for over 100 people who submitted their samples to him.
He calls it March Madness, and I at first thought it would be more like Headline Hell. But wait, no, these sample headlines were actually good to start with.
Master that he is, he’s managed to turn good headlines into great. Here are some samples from the first round:
1. Here’s How You Improved My Blog
Original headline: How My Readers Helped Improve My Blog
2. Passion or the Illusion of Job Security?
Original headline: Non-Existence of Job Security
3. Why the Next Web Will Be Smarter Than You
Original headline: The Web Next Revolution
4. Six Reasons Why You Might Want to Avoid the Tracks GTD Software
Original headline: Digital GTD: A Review of the ‘Tracks’ Software
5. How to Transform Your Boring Bedroom Into a “Boudoir”
Original headline: Transforming Your Space… Can You Say Boudoir?
You can read Brian’s reasoning for making these changes at the Copyblogger blog post here.