Five Reasons Writers Make More $ Writing White Papers
by Michael Stelzner, Writing White Papers blog, guest author
Consider the five reasons why white papers could dramatically increase your writing revenue:
1. Demand exceeds supply: There are not enough writers who know how to write white papers. Businesses are aggressively looking to write more white papers. Master the art and count your dollars.
2. You can charge more for a white paper: White papers help businesses generate leads and close sales; thus, they are directly tied to revenue. For many businesses, only one or two sales from a white paper return the investment.
3. Businesses pay top dollar for white papers: Word for word, nothing beats a white paper. A good white paper writer charges between $3,000 and $10,000 for a 10-page white paper. This is the most lucrative writing business out there.
4. White papers can be multi-purposed: A well-written white paper can be converted into a contributed article or used as content on a website. This adds more value to a white paper project.
5. Many businesses need multiple white papers: Prove yourself with an excellent white paper and your client will want others. This can generate a consistent pipeline of work.
Michael Stelzner is the author of the bestselling book Writing White Papers and has written more than 100 white papers for recognized companies, including Microsoft, FedEx, Motorola, Monster, HP and SAP.
To learn more about writing white papers and Michael, go here.
A note from Patsi: I hope you have learned something about this writing niche and think about how a well written white paper can work as a marketing tool for your business. I’ll be back in the office tomorrow and looking forward to hearing from you.