The key to writing multiple articles for your blog, ezine, web pages and marketing purposes is to start with a good list of 3-5 key points. My previous two posts on this explained the time and energy saving advantages.
This is not to mean you don’t have to do any research or reading on your topic. It depends on how well you know your subject. If you know the topic well, it’s easy to break down a concept into 3-5 elements.
Here’s my 5 point list for any serial writing project:
- Start with an idea that will benefit your readers
- Break it down to 3-5 steps or key elements
- Write an introduction to the article that includes the problem/solution, benefits to the reader, and your list
- Post about each point in your list on your blog
- After the final point, summarize and review, and remind readers why this is important to them and what they can do next
That’s it. Writing the points as a daily blog post helps you to be short and to the point. Also, blog writing tends to be more informal and personal. For me that helps stay away from academic jargon or language that’s formal or convoluted.
Posting daily breaks the full article down into doable chunks. This helps you avoid writing blocks or procrastination because you have a writing plan: you have your list.
At the end of a week, you have several chunks you can gather together to form a full article.