Several top speakers sang the same tune at the Mega Speaking Event last weekend: Write that book! It’s clear that getting a book published (self or otherwise) provides 6 powerful elements to your marketing:
- Differentiation from the others
Here’s Gerry Robert’s (The Millionaire Mindset, Life Success Publishing, LLC) tips for easily and quickly writing a book…in just 40 hours:
- Create 15 major subtopics for your topic = 15 chapters
- Pare down the list to 10 chapters and put in sequence
- Take 1 chapter at a time and add 18 ingredients to each
- Cut those down to 15 and put into sequence
- Turn these 15 ingredients into 15 significant statements, creating emotional energy
- Make each significant statement a question, such as why? or how?… and come up with 3 answers
I don’t know about you, but this couldn’t be that difficult.
Oh, and did I mention that several authors with published books talked openly about the ghost writing process? They provide the book proposal, a chapter, an outline, all the basics as above and turn it over to a ghost writer. Not a bad idea if you’re a busy professional.
Prices? I heard $20,000 and $53,000 prices mentioned, some of which included editing, design and formatting and other detail work as well.
Everyone said how important it was to have a killer title and killer cover, which includes the short marketing copy. We’re giving a teleseminar next Wednesday, November 14 on this very topic:
Packaging Is Everything: How the Right Words Can Sell Your Book or Product in 15 Seconds or Less
Don’t miss it, info here: www.blogsquadteleseminars.com/SK