Just because you’ve got a new pair of shoes doesn’t mean you can go out on the dance floor and hip-hop with the Stars…
Before you write a word on your blog, sit down and write out your answers to these questions:
Be really clear about why you’re blogging, who your ideal reader is, and what your core message and/or theme is. This will help you stay on target and not meander off topic.
- Why are you blogging?
- Who is your ideal reader?
- What is your core message/theme/philosophy?
4. What are three things your readers are interested in? (List 3 problems or challenges they face):
5. Write with the reader in mind: what’s in it for them?
List a few benefits your readers will get when they read and subscribe
Benefit #3- (go deeper each time)
6. Why should readers believe anything you say? Don’t give us a resume. Tell your story in a way that is real. Connect with readers with your real life experiences.
We’re teaching Blog Content this week for our Better Business Blogging class and I wanted to share this with you. Here are some other related posts: