1. Sales copy
2. Email marketing messages
3. Thank you pages and thank you autoresponders
4. Survey questions & survey results report
5. Press releases
6. Video tips
7. Blog posts
8. Updates posted to social networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, MySpace, etc.
Each task is different, requiring you research and write different elements. However, all of them must be written to grab the attention of your targeted audience of readers and persuade them to take action.
- Defined the target audience of prospective buyers for the program
- Listed the biggest challenges of these people (pain)
- Outlined my own story to show I understand the issues, the problems (connection)
- Presented what happened to me to solve the problems (credibility)
- Explained why I wanted to teach this solution to others with my partners (reasons why, values)
- Listed the biggest benefits of the program
- Listed the features, what’s included
- Included sample testimonials of others who already benefited from this (social proof)
- Answered possible objections with FAQ list
- Stated a call to action – asked them to register
- Included urgency through price discounts & bonuses
- Summarized the pain, the problem and the solution & gave guarantee
If you’ve not been trained to write sales copy that is effective in getting people to sign up for your program, you’ll need to learn how to do this. There are many copy writing courses available on the Internet. One of the best is with Lorrie Morgan Ferrero, called Red Hot Copy.
Once you’ve learned the basics, try writing your sales copy, but get some help. Get it reviewed by a professional copywriter.
Most professional copywriters are expensive, and for good reason: Great copy sells and makes you money! Consider this: if you’d like to make money on the ‘Net, and if your product, program or services could make tens of thousands of dollars, it’s worth getting a copy review. The revisions you make will pay off in the short and long term, and what you learn can be applied to all future sales copy you write.