Denise and I have partnered with Kathleen twice now to deliver our Law of Action mentoring series. We know first hand how fabulous she is both as a colleague and as a teacher.
Here are her examples of how she uses content to marketing online.
1. Tell us what your profession is, and who your typical clients are.
- Internet marketing advisor for spiritually minded speakers,
authors, coaches and consultants who are ready to turn their knowledge
into money-making products and services.
- I am a published author and a conference keynote speaker as well.
2. What marketing tools do you use on the Web?
- Street Smarts Marketing and Promotions Ezine
- Street Smarts Marketing Blog
- Daily Awareness Blog
- Street Smarts Marketing Web site
3. What kinds of content do you write or use to market your business? (examples would be stories, stats, studies, quotes, book reviews, personal ideas, etc.)
- All of the above.
4. What sources, besides your own, do you use to find content?
- Virtual assistance, google alerts.
5. How much of yourself, your personality, your own experiences do you include?
- Not quite sure what you mean by this… But my guess on it would be 100% of personality and about 25% of my own experiences mixed in with teachings.
6. What kinds of results do you see from your online content? And which media (ezine, blog, articles, etc.) bring best results?
- All my business comes from my online efforts and content.
- Each media brings results with teleseminars being #1, articles and blogging #2, Social networks very high on the results scale. Ezine is fair on results.
7. How much time do you spend daily writing or posting content on your blogs or sites?
- At least one hour.
8. What advice would you give to others in your profession about using content for marketing?
- Do it! However, know who your target market is, what your unique position is, and what the message is you want people to get.
- Organize your day in blocks of time for writing and posting.
- Use Virtual Assistants for those nitty gritty details that take a lot of time that you could be using for direct revenue generating tasks.
Content Marketing: a primer for business people who want to get found quickly on the Web
Alex Geana: Portrait of how one professional uses content to market online
How to Write Content That Markets Your Company (Or, What would Seth do?)
Content or Marketing or Both? All Content Is Marketing
Coach & Consultant Marketing: An Interview with John Agno