I've been reviewing my 2008 blog posts, email broadcasts and taking stock. I hope you're doing the same, so you'll get an idea of what's needed for your own business in 2009. Here's a checklist for reviewing your content marketing results so you can know where to spend your time and energy:
- What were your most effective blog posts in terms of numbers of page views?
- Which posts generated the most comments?
- What email promotional subject lines got the best open rates?
- Which email newsletters titles got better open rates?
- Which white paper or special report got good download rates?
- Where did your most qualified leads come from?
- Which teleseminar topics got the most registrations?
- What were the press releases that got the most clicks?
You should also be taking a look at the quality of your writing, especially for your blog. If you want a good review of some sophisticated blog writing concepts, read Sonia Simone's review of the best of Copyblogger for 2008.