I just ran across this end-of-year check list for reviewing your business blog posts. It ties in with the 2 posts I wrote last week, about doing a mid-summer review of your content marketing efforts and How Do You Know if Your Content Marketing Is Working.
This is also a great way to review your content marketing efforts at the half-way, mid-summer point. Are you on track with your Content Marketing Goals?
- What were your most effective blog posts in terms of numbers of page views?
- Which posts generated the most comments?
- What email promotional subject lines got the best open rates?
- Which email newsletters titles got better open rates?
- Which white paper or special report got good download rates?
- Where did your most qualified leads come from?
- Which teleseminar or webniar topics got the most registrations?
- What were the press releases that got the most clicks?
You should also be taking a look at the quality of your writing, especially for your blog. If you want a good review of some sophisticated blog writing concepts, read Sonia Simone's review of the best of Copyblogger for 2008.