Here are some suggestions for high value books so you don't waste time wondering what to read.
(It's no wonder my mind's a bit scattered. I find I'm interested in so many different topics, reading so many different books at the same time. Thank goodness for the Kindle!)
I've finished the bottom half of these, just starting the others. Here's what I'm currently reading… (and these are just the ones I highly recommend!)
- Magnificent Mind at Any Age, by Daniel G. Amen, M.D.
- Rules of Thumb: 52 Truths for Winning at Business Without Losing Your Self, by Alan M. Webber
- Writing Copy for Dummies, by Jonathan Kranz
- Web Copy that Sells, by Maria Velosa
- Ignore Everybody, by Hugh MacLeod
- The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, by Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg
- Born to Run, by Christopher Mcdougall
- Traveling Mercies, by Anne Lamott
- The End of Overeating, by David Kessler
- Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith
So far, my favorite read is Born to Run, it's one of those "can't-put-it-down" books. I caught the John Stewart show on TV when the author Christopher Mcdougall was interviewed, and was so hooked I immediately downloaded it to my Kindle and stayed up late into the night reading it.
It's the story of a tribe of super-runners called the Tarahumara Indians, from the Copper Canyons in Mexico, who love long-distance running, who have little disease, live a long time, and… It's also about a lot more than that, a lot of life lessons.
What's your favorite read lately, either book or ebook? Got books?