One of the beautiful things about living in Ajijic, Mexico is all the creative people who come here to write, paint, act, and design. This summer I did acting classes. I believe this helps me become more creative, more innovative in my business work.
This week I'm attending the 6th Annual Lake Chapala Writers' Conference. The two speakers, Marc Acito (How I Paid for College, Attack of the Theatre People) and Cai Emmons (The Stylist, His Mother's Son) are giving our group of 45 writers good tips.
It doesn't matter if you're writing a novel or your company blog, some writing tips are universal. Here are a few tips from novelist Cai Emmons that you should incorporate for your own content writing.
- Make an uninterruptible writing schedule for yourself.
- Make yourself accountable to a group or a partner.
- Break your task down into manageable daily units.
- Leave every writing session with a clear notion of what you will do in the next.
- Work on getting rid of perfectionism.
- Don't worry about how long it takes.
I'm looking forward to learning more today. But think about it… what other creative activities do you engage in that stimulates your brain in different ways? I think even computer games can shake up your neurons and get your creative juices flowing. What do you think?