How are you doing on your business blogging strategies for 2015? Have you been hitting the targets and benchmarks you set for yourself?
I don’t believe in making New Year’s resolutions, but after 15+ years working with executive coaches and consultants, I know that having clearly defined goals and expectations for a business blog or website is critical to help you get found, get known, and get clients. Setting strategies and goals will improve how you show up on the Web.
If you haven’t set any goals, or you’re just starting out, here’s how you can still get in the game and get some traction in 2015.
4th Quarter Blogging Strategies
- Impress visitors and showcase your business expertise: Within the first 5 seconds, your site’s professionalism must convince visitors that you are a legitimate business worthy of consideration. There are too many amateurs with junky sites cluttering up the Web. Your site must pass the “blink” test.
- Engage, educate, entertain & persuade visitors to subscribe: Within the next minute, your site needs to present easy-to-find information to engage visitors and show you’ve got much more to offer if they stay or subscribe to read more.
- Capture interest and convert visitors into leads: If you want to get more than just visitors from your site, you must ask them to do something: take a survey, vote, download a report, sign up for your newsletter, blog or e-course. This builds a marketing database of people interested enough to leave their email with you.
- Generate new business from current clients: There are effective ways to use your blog or website to engage your clients, generate more traffic and encourage referrals and repeat business. This is one of the most overlooked functions of professional websites and blogs, yet it is one of the most financially rewarding. Go long, sell deep: Shopping cart systems like Kick Start Cart make it easy to build a database list that’s easy to segment, broadcast messages, and seamlessly process registrations and purchases
- Attract visitors from search engines: Well-executed search engine optimization (SEO) can be an effective way to get your site highly ranked and generating a steady stream of new visitors.
Always write with your readers’ needs in mind.
Content is king, and your readers will recognize in an instant if you can offer a solution to their problem.
If you need a blog review, don’t hesitate to contact me. Sometimes we need to start that 4th quarter with a time out. But that extra time with a coach can set you up for success.