Ebooks are nothing new. Do you have one? Are you offering a free ebook on your site? You should. I'm in the process of setting up a brand new site for one of my businesses, and I'm writing an ebook this weekend. It's not that difficult and it should be one of your main lead generators on any site.
Newt Barrett on Content Marketing Today just posted Five Reasons an e-Book Should Be a Core Component Of Your Content Marketing Strategy:
- You can quickly, compellingly, visually, and inexpensively establish thought leadership with an e-book that provides relevant information on the toughest challenges your customers face.
- Offering a free e-book, is a wonderful incentive to entice your prospects to begin in their engagement with you.
- E-books, in the universally acceptable PDF format, are easy to pass along from one prospect to another, giving you potentially infinite reach.
- If you need help in designing your e-book and in generating the content, you can find talented designers and freelance writers easily.
- If your budget is very limited, you can create your own e-book by starting with PowerPoint and then transforming the PowerPoint files into PDF files.
Here's why I can't stress this form of content marketing enough: