Here’s an abbreviated version of her tips. (To read more, subscribe to Newsletter Nuggets by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Subject lines are very important, use first name of receiver and no more than 7 words or 50 characters.
- Use a question that can be answered by a ‘yes’.
- Use a compelling call to action with a time-limited offer.
- Be sure your name and company name are in the "From" field.
- Be clear on who you are writing to, address their challenges, what’s in it for them.
- Be clear on the action you want people to take.
- Be bottom line oriented, people want to scan and get short emails.
- Avoid hype!
- Deliver short tips and valuable, relevant info your readers can use.
- Avoid use of spam filter trigger words, use a spam checker such as www.lyris.com.
This was a great conversation full of powerful tips for using email to market your services and products. Don’t miss the audio recording if you missed the teleseminar: Use this link to order the audio now.
Conversations with Experts: How to Build Your Business On and Off-line
Hosted by Denise Wakeman and Patsi Krakoff.
Conversations with Experts is sponsored by Build a Better Blog System.