My advice? Skip the canned and expected confirmation message that everyone sends and write in an original voice. Be friendly and clear about what they can expect next, and give them an unexpected bonus.
Here are 7 other tips from the Email Experience Council:
1. Use a recognizable "from" line and a subject line that includes the brand name.
2. Fulfill email subscriptions quickly.
3. Be clear on "what comes next" in terms of content and frequency.
4. Ask them to add your address to their address book.
5. Offer something of value for signing up.
6. Use a series of onboarding emails to introduce them to your offerings.
7. Don’t be afraid to include promotional content in welcome emails to capitalize on the high read rates.