Business blog authors love writing on blogs since it’s so quick and easy. You can usually post in 20-30 minutes and be done with it. That’s a great use of your marketing time, and you provide readers with valuable content to market your business.
“Oh no,” you might be saying. “More time to spend on blogging!”
It gets even worse: here’s another “E” writing tip! Enrich your blog posts! First it was the 3E’s – Educate, Entertain and Engage readers.
Now there are 4 E’s! Educate, Entertain, Engage and Enrich with your blog posts!
How do you enrichen your post? Here are 5 ways. But don’t expect to be writing and posting in 20 minutes. This takes time to read, research, find quotes, and to link back to sources.
You’ll find it’s time well spent since you’ll be learning or
reinforcing knowledge for yourself. You’ll improve your business blog
writing, and your readers will respect you for giving them even more
interesting and valuable information.
- Add history to your post. Find out the background of whatever it is
you’re writing about and tell readers how it used to be, what happened
and how it is now.
- Add quotes from books. This builds your credibility as an expert,
and alerts your readers to where they need to go for more info, which
books they should be reading.
- Quote a respected authority, either from a book, a magazine
interview, or better yet, an interview or email you had with this
- Add your own perspective, experiences, and stories. This illustrates
the concepts you’re trying to teach in a personal way and really brings
things to life.
- Add a future prediction. How will this concept play out in a year, 5 years, 10 years?
Writing blog posts can be quick and easy AND profound, but you’ll need
to spend a little time doing background research and adding quality
If you want to learn more about better business blog writing, here are two suggestions:
- Join us May 19 & 21 for Better Business Blog Writing Class – English classes were never this fun, nor productive! Check out www.betterbizblogging.com/BBBWC. We’ll give you a ton of resources, checklists, articles, audio and video. Private blog writing group.
- Read related posts about Better Business Blog Writing in the category Writing Great Blog Posts. For example, this post: Reality Web: Keeping it real for readers.