Now I’m getting depressed. Not only am I now officially "old" (and believe me, I’ve got a black belt in denial) but I haven’t been nominated for Michael’s best writing blog list. Okay, I know you don’t want to hear my whining.
But maybe it’s time to beef up this blog. I haven’t been feeling my blog buzz lately and I’ve just been sliding by. This sometimes happens to my tennis and when it does, I ramp up my workouts.
Here’s my plan for getting my blog buzz back:
- Read my favorite writing blogs daily and leave a few comments (Use Michael’s list of great blogs)
- Use those blogs to inspire my own writing
- Post something at least every other day, even if it’s just to refer to a great post found elsewhere
- Write at least one meaty post a week, where I reconnect with this blog’s purpose of teaching content marketing on one form or another
- Figure out a way to get more reader participation, maybe a poll or survey or contest
- Take frequent breaks from my own work and visit what our clients are doing – stop isolating
What do you do when you need to re-kindle your enthusiasm and energy? I’d like to hear from you.
Maybe you have some favorite tips and tricks that you use to get your mojo back?