I just heard about this on Twitter and downloaded a fab content marketing ebook published by Velocity UK, a consulting-led B2B marketing agency specializing in technology markets.
Doug Kessler is the author, it's well designed and power-packed. Please go download it here: The B2B Content Marketing Workbook – Thought Leadership for B2B Lead Generation and Beyond.
What stands out for me – besides the great design – is the melding of concepts of thought leadership and content marketing. And making the link between "issues" and content marketing. (Reminds me of a Friends sitcom clip where one of the girls repeats "He's got issues!")
Think about it. In this beautiful Web 2.0 world, you no longer write about your products and services. It's all about the issues your customers have. We should be calling this Issue Marketing to be real.
And it's not just about writing content anymore either. You need to publish in video, audio podcasts, interviews, surveys, ebooks, white papers. Which reminds me to start using my Flip Video cam again…
The Workbook covers topics like these:
- What Content Marketing and Thought Leadership are
- Why you need to get good at them (and fast)
- Why you’re perfectly placed to do it really, really well
- How to pick a topic prospects care about
- How to go beyond the dry, stale white paper
- What we think ‘good’ looks like — lots of examples
I loved this book and you will too. Go get it and read it.