I sit down with a fresh cup of Cafe de Olla every morning with this big question: what am I going to post about today? …followed by these other questions and thoughts:
- What problem can I help web writers with?
- What's a major concern for small biz owners trying to use the Web to attract clients?
- How can I be helpful and add something fun, exciting or clever into my writing?
- Who else is writing about content marketing that can inspire me?
- What do readers want and need to know?
- How can my next blog post educate, entertain, engage and enrich the lives of my readers?
- …and, at the same time, how can I use content to build relationships, and attract the right readers, who need and want my products and services? (and help build my business)
I truly believe that a business blog is the best damn content marketing tool on the Planet! Honest. But it only works if you write every day or every other day – well, okay, at least three times a week. That's a lot of posts, and for me, it means an hour a day, sometimes more. But that's not bad, really.
What other marketing tool only costs you an hour of time and brings such great traffic and leads? Did I mention my only other cost is about $150/year in hosting fees? As a small business owner, that's good ROI.
I know it's not always easy to come up with good stuff. To help stimulate you, I made a list of 15 ways to come up with fresh topics to write about on your business blogs. Use each one of these, and you'll never wonder what to write about on your blog again, I promise.
Download my Worksheet for Finding Blog Content here, now, completely free, of course.