How do you check your online marketing to see where it’s working, where it needs improvement?
Here’s my quick and easy end-of-year check up for your business. This always helps me see where I need to spend my energy and time to improve next year’s results.
Look at your marketing tasks as having 3 purposes:
- Get found: How visible are you online? How easy is it for someone to find you doing a search? What comes up for your name? What comes up for the keywords that describe what your business does? Are you everywhere, or at least in the key places your target audience is? Social sites, web, blog, articles, videos, etc. Is your content optimized for search engines?
- Get Known: How memorable is your name, your brand or tag line? Can people identify your business and know what problem it solves? Are you credible and perceived as trustworthy? Do you show some personality and faces of the people who work with you? Can people easily get to know you, like you and trust you?
- Get Clients: Is it easy for people to become a client and buy something from you? Is it easy to download free offers? Do you have low fee products and a product funnel that includes higher-ticket offers? Is your sales copy effective? Are your landing pages clean and clear? Is your sales transaction process easy and smooth? Do you offer opportunities to upgrade or upsell to products? Are you converting readers to customers?
That all there is to it, easy-peasy. Seriously. People have to find you, understand you, like you, and want what you have to offer. You have to make that process easy for them. If you fail to make it easy for them, they’ll find someone else.
Here’s my plan for next year:
- Use more video and webinars to increase my visibility
- Use more webinars to improve client contact and KLT factors (know, like, trust)
- Create more offers and packages of information to increase sales; create more JV partnerships
What about you? Do you know where you need to focus? Do you need to be seen online? Do you need to offer more ways for people to interact with you? Create more offers? Improve your online systems (sales copy, shoppping cart, videos, SEO, social media, surveys)?
I’ll be offering a series of webinars to help you master these three marketing tasks in 2011, stay tuned. In the meantime, check out the tools I use most frequently:
- KickStartCart, the world’s smartest shopping cart and database management system
- Scribe SEO optimization – measure your content for SEO results before you publish
- Start Blogging Today– smart blog training for professionals
- Headway blog theme – a professional, easy-to-use WordPress platform
- Sales pages in WordPress – write and format attractive landing pages from your blog
- iMotion Video – video commercial service
- MySurveyExpert – use professional surveys
- MySocialMediaSolution – learn how to use social media the right way
- JournalEngine software for coaches
I am an affiliate for these companies because I use their products and believe in them. If you have questions, let me know.