Are you on Twitter yet? You know I'm not someone to jump on the fad-du-jour. But when I see something that isn't a waste of time, that makes for smart marketing, I will tell you about it.
You need to be on Twitter. Why? Because top people in your field are there. You can find out what's going on, what research they care about, what the buzz is. If you like people, especially people in your niche, this is where you can meet them, and connect. It's content marketing in 140 characters or less.
Twitter folks will follow you back to your blog, and when there, are more likely to leave comments. It's a productive way to build readership, aka drive traffic.
It's not about "What are you doing?" Forget that. Use the 140 characters to ask a question, share a quote, share a thought, be funny or be profound.
I'm just an introvert who knows a good thing when it comes around, and Twitter is ideal for introverts who really don't like networking in the first place. But I do like knowing what the buzz is, and what smart people are up to.
You need to be on Twitter. Trust me, you do. It takes time to get used to it, but this is something you can do while multi-tasking, it's so easy.
Here are a few of Jon's suggestions:
- What are your products or services? Write a brief update about how your clients are using them
- Teach something…a little something. Whatever your area of expertise is, share one small tip
- Share sites or blogs that your followers would be interested in. Show them what’s great out there
- Feed your blog through Twitter using Twitterfeed.com.
- Announce something news worthy…either from your business (like a mini press release) or from your industry
- Holding a seminar, talk or book signing? Tweet about it and invite your local followers to attend.
You can use something like Plinky to inspire you on what to write. You'll be surprised at the responses and connections you make.
By TwitterButtons.com Follow me on Twitter!
Related Posts: Build a Better Blog: Use Plinky
Biz Tips Blog: Twitter for Business: What Do Newbies Need to Know?