Do you know any blogs about content marketing, or writing content for business? Joe Pulizzi, whose blog Junta 42 promotes writing great content, has opened nominations for the Top 42 Content Marketing Blogs.
Some of the nominated blogs may be included in his book to be published in 2008, Get Content, Get Customers.
"The team here at Junta42 is compiling a list of the top 42 blogs that focus on some aspect of content marketing – that is helping marketers/businesses create and deliver valuable, relevant and consistent content."
Pay attention to this whole blog nomination process: this is one of the most astute marketing strategies around. Why? Because of the following factors:
- Opening up a blog post for nominations will drive traffic to his blog
- In sort of a viral way, people who have never heard of his blog before will tell their friends about it
- Joe will get to know more good blog authors and form relationships with them
- Joe will get new material for his book
- Readers will be more informed and curious, and will want to buy the book when it comes out
Smart marketing means paying attention to those people who get it right, and then doing what they do as well or sometimes even better.
I suppose the same can be said of smart writing. Next time you read a piece that’s good, keep it and learn from it.
In the mean time, if you think this blog does a good job of promoting good content, why don’t you visit Junta42 and nominate it? I’m not too proud to ask!