In our Blogging and Beyond Mentor Group, on the private membership site, we expose our students to many different tools that can accelerate online marketing success.
Writing content that attracts readers to your business is essential. It can seem overwhelming at first when a professional is told that to market successfully online, he or she must produce quality content and publish in 3-4 sites using multiple tools and media distribution.
You need a Content Plan, a map of what you will write about, and where you will publish each type of content. You also need to cover several content categories. No matter what your business or niche, you will have several topics you need to cover.
This is the first of several suggested pathways to start your journey for successful online marketing.
We suggest sitting down to make a plan. Write it down. Map out where you want to go, and then make a list of how you’re going to get there. You will need to set up a blog, a shopping cart and database management system, maybe a website (or use your blog as a website), a newsletter, and other information products (teleseminars, podcasts, ecourses and ebooks).
Step One – Get clear on your business. Write out the answers to these questions:
- What business am I in? (General category, industry, and service or product you provide)
- Who is my ideal client/reader? (Describe in as many details as possible)
- What am I passionate about? (What is my specific expertise?)
- Why should readers believe what I say or write (what makes me an expert?)
- What are the 3-5 biggest pain points/challenges my clients experience?
- What 5 problems do I solve for my clients and customers?
- What are 5-7 sub-topics that I need to write about to establish my expertise and credibility?
Once you are clear on your purpose, only then can you decide which tool to use to distribute your content: blog, ezine, email, teleseminar, ebook, etc.
Next: Step 2 – Blog First?