I know it’s completely changed my life and the way I work. Both the quantity and quality of my business are vastly improved in terms of marketing ease, deliverability and profits.
Yikes, …I feel an urge to create a new poll coming on! But hang on, I need to clarify my ideas first…
I know people who are still doing business without the Web, saying things like,
- “My clients don’t spend time surfing the Internet.”
- “I get all my customers from referrals.”
- “I’ve got a local business, I use Yellow Pages.”
Others may have put up a crappy 1-4 page website and then wondered why it doesn’t bring in leads. And these people are all smart professionals, they’re not idiots, they’re all busy and profitable. They’re just not web-savvy.
There are those who started a blog because they heard that would bring in business. And they want to know why they aren’t on the first page of searches.
So, no, the Web hasn’t changed the way most people do business. Just some of us. I know there are many who feel it’s just too overwhelming to learn, especially now with all the social media chatter. To them, it’s not a Tsunami but a giant sink hole of wasted time and energy.
I asked if you ran your business website on WordPress or not. An overwhelming majority (72%) said yes. Which led me to thinking… if over two-thirds of you are running your business websites on a WP platform, what else might that mean?
- Are you running your website yourself?
- Or do you have help, like a V.A. or tech person?
- What kind of results are you getting?
- How do business results compare from pre-WP to post-WP?
- Besides your website, what other systems do you use to do business?
- To do marketing?
- To sell, and make money?
- To publish and distribute content online?
- To build an email marketing list?
- To record & publish audio?
- To record & publish videos?
This list keeps growing, so I’m thinking I’ll need a Survey Monkey survey instead. In the meantime, I’d like to hear about your stories, your experiences of business and the Web. Good, bad, great? More work, more results, neither?
Are all these changes on the Web, new tools, making your business better? What kinds of results are you seeing from your online content marketing:
- money and profits?
- brand recognition, market positioning
- thought leadership status
- lead generation
- building trust with customers
- joint venture opportunities
I’m curious and now I need to devise my poll or survey. Please leave your comments and share your stories.